3rd International FEBS Conference: Financial Regulation and Systemic Risk
The 3rd International Conference of the Financial Engineering and Banking Society (FEBS) took place on 6th-7th-8th of June, 2013 at the ESCP Europe Paris campus.
The 2013 Conference was organised by the Laboratory of Excellence for Financial Regulation (LabEx-ReFi), under the auspices of the FEBS.
The Laboratory of Excellence for Financial Regulation (LabEx-ReFi) has been created as an initiative of CNAM, ENA, University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (CES, PRISM and IRJS) and ESCP Europe (the project leader) in the context of the "Grand Emprunt". The LabEx-ReFi is a research centre dedicated to the evaluation of regulation policies, with its main objectives being to improve the understanding of financial systems and regulations' implications, with a view of providing public authorities with independent academic expertise and guidelines for actions.
Darrell Duffie, Dean Witter Distinguished Professor of Finance at the Graduate School of Business - Stanford University
Ike Mathur, Editor-in-Chief of Journal Banking and Finance, Southern Illinois University
The conference, titled 'Financial Regulation and Systemic Risk', covered a wide range of topics related to financial regulation, financial engineering, bank governance and systemic risk, including but not limited to:
- What is "good regulation"?
- The principles and quality of accounting standards
- Asset and portfolio valuation
- Clearing houses, CCP
- Structured products regulation
- Capital adequacy: definition, impact on banking activity
- Risk measures and stress testing: regulations, measurement and test
- Credit counterparty risk, CVA
- The role of rating agencies
- Financial intermediaries and shareholders remuneration
- Regulation of insurance companies
- Systemic risk impact of regulations: good or bad?
- Systemic risk overlook: methods and data
- Macro-economic impact of regulations on growth, sovereign debt, credit markets, etc.
- The legal context and "post-market" activities
- Epistemology of the financial crisis
The 2013 Conference put a special emphasis on the developments of new financial regulations and the aversion of systemic risk in a post-financial crisis era.
- 6 - 7 - 8 June, 2013 Conference